Darleen's Flamingo 5K
|Date & Time||Saturday, November 3, 2012 @ 9:00 AM|
See Who is Registered
|Details||The 3rd Annual Darleen's Flamingo 5K will be held at Hubs Rec Road in Belhaven.
The 5K course is USATF certified and is on flat, paved terrain through the waterfront community of Smithton. Chip timing by Run the East LLC.
Awards will be given to top 3 men and women overall and top 3 in each age group (15 & under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+).
- No dogs, skates, or bikes are allowed on the race course.
- Runners must remain on the road course at all times.
- Race Director, the Race Committee, Run The East reserve the right to reject an application or remove any participant from the course at their discretion.
- Transfer of race numbers is strictly prohibited. No one is allowed on the course without a race number.
- To ensure a safe race, runners must avoid running side-by-side and blocking the path/roadway.
- All participants will need to be able to hear other runners or vehicles along the course.
Online registration is available at www.runtheeast.com.
Participants will be able to pickup their race day info on the morning of the race beginning at 7:00AM and ending at 8:45AM. Please follow the signs to the parking
area and you will be shuttled to the registration/start line. Please be sure to leave valuables in your locked vehicles
at the parking lot, as the event, it’s sponsors and volunteers will not be responsible for any items lost or stolen.
From Belhaven/Hyde: Take Highway 99 across bridge, Take second road to the left onto
Hubs Rec Road and follow signs.
From Washington, NC: Take US Hwy 264 East towards Belhaven, NC until you see Northeast Elementary on your right (school with teal roof), Take a right immediately after on Seed Tick Neck Road and take until road ends at stop sign, Take a left on Hwy 99, and then Take a right onto Hubs Rec Road
and follow signs for the event.
Parking will be guided from Hubs Rec Road via signs and volunteers. At the parking area participants will be shuttled to the starting area to reduce congestion on the road course. Continuous shuttles will run for your convenience before, during, and after the event.